Finding the right gift for everyone on your list can be a difficult task. Fortunately, we have compiled a list of gifts that the whole family will love. These gifts will even contribute to your friends’ and family’s oral health, because, after all, there is no better gift than that of health. Check out these five dental related gifts for both adults and kids.
1. Electric toothbrush. These can be pretty pricey, but they are well worth it. An electric toothbrush can reach in between your teeth and do a better job of all-around cleaning. Plus, there are several different designs for both kids and adults, ranging from different colors to different cartoon characters.
2. A tooth-brushing timer. Bathroom timers come in all shapes and sizes – some will sing to you, some are similar to an hour glass, some even stick right to the mirror. Brush timers are great because they allow you to brush for exactly two minutes, leading to optimal dental health care. The gift recipient and his or her teeth will thank you.
3. A children’s dentist Play-Doh set. Allow kids to play dentist! This is an awesome gift for kids because it will get them excited about visiting the dentist. In turn, your kiddos will be more likely to brush, floss, and stay away from cavity-inducing foods.
4. Socks with a dental print. These are a perfect stocking-stuffer. Not only are they warm and cozy for these cold winter months, but they will keep caring for your teeth top of mind.
5. A selfie-stick. A frequent selfie-taker will see their teeth much more often, reminding them to keep his or her smile in tip-top shape. Being more aware of how your teeth look may lead to more interest in caring for them. Talk about intrinsic motivation to brush!
These gifts are practical and fun – perfect for anyone close to you this holiday season. Remember, oral health contributes to the overall health of the body, so it is important to schedule cleanings bi-annually, as well as brush and floss everyday.