We are proud to announce that Dr. Bennett is now certified in IV sedation dentistry. He received his certification from the Oregon Academy of General Dentistry, under the direction of Dr. Kenneth L. Reed and Dr. Stanley F. Malamed. Dr. Bennett completed continuing education lecture and is board certified to administer IV sedation in the state of Colorado.
IV sedation, also known as conscious sedation, is ideal for patients who:
- – Have had a traumatic dental experience in the past
- – Have high anxiety or fear regarding dental visits
- – Have a strong gagging reflex
- – Have difficulty getting numb
- – Have a phobia for needles
- – Have temporomandibular (TMJ) joint problems and cannot open their mouths for very long periods of time
- – Have very sensitive teeth
- – Dislike the sounds and smells of the dental office
- – Would like to accomplish a significant amount of dental work in one appointment
- – Wish to experience the ultimate comfort in the dental setting
Throughout the duration of your dental appointment, you will never be unconscious. You will be awake, pain and discomfort will be minimized or non-existent, and any nerves or anxieties you have about your dental treatment will be washed away, though you may not fully remember your dental appointment.
IV sedation is extremely safe, when performed by a certified, specially trained dentist. That is why Dr. Bennett has completed 60 hours of didactic lecture and CE courses to become certified in IV sedation dentistry.
We welcome your questions. Please call 303.421.7611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about sedation dentistry.