Persons dealing with partial or full dentures often choose to improve their situation with full arch dental implants. The reasons for doing so are many, but at the top of the list is look and feel. Full arch dental implants are attractive and work as good as original teeth. If you choose full dental implants, you will enjoy several additional benefits:
- Full arch implants last a long time. The typical length of time is 5 to 15 years, though some last for decades.
- Their stability and comfort go far beyond regular dentures.
- Because of that comfort, you will discover that chewing and biting feels more like it did with your original teeth.
- The materials used in the dental prosthesis are stronger than natural teeth.
- Full implants can make the jaw healthier. When natural teeth are lost, the underlying jawbone begins to degrade where the teeth were. With full dental implants, the new teeth connect to the upper and lower jawbones a lot like natural teeth.
- A healthier jawline makes for a stronger facial profile and can make for a younger-looking face.
- You will no longer have to make constant visits to your dentist.
Arvada Dental Center offers full arch dental implant solutions for our patients. Different types of these treatments include:
Hybridge® prosthetic devices are a restoration option with five to six implants on each jaw. Patients may opt for a full arch replacement on just the upper or lower jaws, or they can opt to have both performed at the same time. The arches are the curved parts inside the mouth where the teeth are. A full arch procedure covers the full row of teeth. Recovery time is about 16 weeks.
All-on-4® is a full-arch treatment using tilted implants. Four implants are made in the lower jaw. After those heal, another four are made in the upper jaw. (The patient goes home with a temporary prosthesis the first day.) Many dental implant candidates, particularly older patients, have suffered from a lot of bone deterioration where their natural teeth once were. With the All-on-4® procedure, four implants in the back of the jaw are tilted at the angle to find purchase in stronger bone. There is no bone grafting.
Teeth in a day® allows patients to leave the office with a full tooth replacement the day of the first procedure. The replacement is a temporary prosthesis, but it gives patients a head start on their permanent teeth. Any natural teeth on both arches are removed during the first visit. The implants on both arches are then put in place. When the implants are fully healed in a few months, the permanent prosthesis will be put in place.
TeethXpress® often uses the existing denture. Four to six implants are placed in the jaws, and then the denture is affixed to the implant posts. The procedure usually can be completed in one day. As with the other procedures, recovery can take weeks, but discomfort is usually short-lived and can be addressed with common pain relievers.
All of these options accomplish a very similar result. Which option isn’t as important as which dentist. The process of positioning a dental implant requires a high level of skill and experience to do it the right way. When a dental implant is placed by an expert dentist and followed up by excellent oral hygiene, your dental implant can last a lifetime.
Please note that when you have a temporary dental prosthesis while waiting for your permanent one to be crafted, you may have to avoid some foods. You will also have to follow a few special cleaning steps. Once the permanent prosthesis in in place, however, you will be able to enjoy your favorite foods again, just like you did when your original teeth were at their best.
Call Arvada Dental Center today to discuss your dental implant options.