Drs. Gregory Bennet, Kelly Arnold, and Andrew Timmerman of Arvada Dental Center understand that realigning the smile and closing up gaps is of high priority for those who have an imperfect smile. with the use of today’s digital technology, patients can now achieve a more attractive smile without the need for metal brackets and wires associated with more conventional orthodontic treatments. Instead, patients who visit our Avada, Colorado area practice will be excited to learn that we offer a “clear” alternative that helps patients achieve results without feeling embarrassed by their smile. This treatment, known as Invisalign, continues to grow in popularity as it makes straightening the smile easy and discreet. It also uses today’s advanced technology to achieve results. This includes the iTero Element digital scanning device.
How does the iTero Element digital scanner work?
With Invisalign, the laboratories creating the realignment trays used for this treatment will need impressions of the current smile alignment. In the past, this required patients to deal with messy gels that were used in creating a mold of the teeth in their current positions. This was not only uncomfortable, but didn’t provide the most accurate impressions to be used in fabricating aligner trays. with the use of the iTero Element digital scanner, patients now have the opportunity to comfortably have precision, three-dimensional images created of their smile, which is then send electronically to the Invisalign laboratories to create the final series of alignment trays. The results are more accurate and effective, ensuring the best results.
What can I expect from my digital scans?
Scanning the smile is easy with the iTero Element digital scanner. Patients relax in the treatment chair and open their mouths while our dentists use a wand-like device along the teeth to create a 3D model of the smile within minutes. When complete, the dentist will send the files to the Invisalign laboratory to have their tray series created with today’s technology.
What are the advantages of using digital scans for Invisalign treatment?
- Speed. Within ten minutes, patients will have detailed 3D images of their smiles.
- Comfort. Forget messy dental impressions and enjoy the advantages of using digital impressions instead!
- Accuracy. The iTero Element digital scanner ensures precision results, providing 3D scans for effective planning of not only Invisalign trays but restorations such as veneers and dental crowns.
- Clear images. The images created using this device are easy to see, clear replications of the patients smile.
- Storage. iTero Element digital scan images are easy for dentists to store and recall as needed for future dental work.
- Affordable. Our dentists don’t have to reorder messy molding materials and trays, making this method of imagery incredibly affordable for both dentist and patient.
- Simplicity. Patients relax in the chair and open their mouths as our dental team takes 3D images, making the entire process fast and easy!
Not every dental office has the iTero Element digital scanner, which is what sets Arvada Dental Center from other dental practices in the community. We are committed to reinvesting into our practice to help patients achieve better oral health and do so in a way that is reliable, affordable, and advanced. We are excited to offer digital scanner for not only Invisalign trays, but other restorative procedures to make the process from start to finish easy!
Educate yourself further on the advantages of our advanced technology
If you are located in the area of Arvada, Colorado and are interested in learning more about the advantages of our technology used in our practice, we welcome you to book a consultation appointment with our team. We are located at 5220 Wadsworth Bypass, Unit C and can be reached for a visit by calling (303) 421-7611. We are open to new patients and welcome families into our practice who are searching for the most advanced, state-of-the-art equipment in dentistry today!